Monday, April 2, 2012

A possible bike ride from Indonesia to Mecca? "Saya searing pemula"

Not me, at least there are no plans here for such a trip.  I just came across this interesting Crazy Guy on a Bike forum discussion of someone in Blitar, Indonesia wanting to ride to the city of Mecca, UAE and wondering how to find more information for such a trip. As I've always found on the CGOAB site, there are many experienced travelers willing to share their knowledge and experience. This discussion is off to a good start, I plan to keep my eye on it to see where things go next.

Meanwhile, we did miss a chance for a bicycling adventure in Sulawesi while we were there and recently had a contact from the same person about another trip, this time in central Sulawesi. Too early to tell but this might just happen...


Hi Laurie,

Did you get to Indonesia in January?
FYI the North Sulawesi trip went well, I think I can say that.
Upcoming trip is to Central Sulawesi .
13 - 28 May 2012.
907 km  / 11 cycle days.
Best available accommodation. Fully supported. Swimming 15/16 days. Daily
yoga. Indonesian language instruction.
Details http://www.cycleindonesia.com.au/central_sulawesi.htm.
Would appreciate it if you could pass it on to BF people that you have
contact with.  Thanks.

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment